Friday, November 5, 2010

The Morning Moon






A beautiful day was waiting on me, all I had to do was walk out the door.

Julie Hogan







My son likes to watch Arthur (a kids cartoon) while he eats his breakfast.  On this morning it so happened they were writing poems, I thought it sounded fun, so I decided I would write one as well.  I sat down and
jotted a few lines, but then needed to continue with the morning routine.

As we walked out the front door I was instantly awe-struck by the sky...
the color, the clouds, the moon, and how the bare trees made the scene appear even more mysterious.  I ran back inside to get my camera, not letting today be another one of those days..."if I just had my camera, what a great shot that would be".

I took some really beautiful pictures, and decided to finish the poem that I started.  I have to admit that it feels a little corny, not having much memory of writing anything other than "roses are red" poems.  But oh well, here's my first attempt at something new!


Today, today
I simply must choose,
Love, respect, forgiveness and joy
Anything else, I thoughtfully refuse.

Today is the day
Tomorrow is much too late,
For gratitude and kindness
Remembering, I am responsible for what I create.

Today, today
Will I open my heart,
To the miracles and blessings
Which have been there from the start?

Today is the perfect day
On tomorrow, I won’t take that chance,
Now is the time to offer my gifts
For this world, I’m meant to enhance!


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful pictures! Are these from just outside of your house? How beautiful!

    ReplyDelete