Thursday, January 28, 2010

Making Decisions

Leadership is not about making all the right decisions, but about making decisions, and then making them right. I hear my father often reciting this John Maxwell quote, and wow, what a powerful statement! The approach really sounds quite simple, just make a decision. If I trust myself and trust my judgement, then it would seem to make sense that this model works. If things are going good, keep doing more of it. If I'm unhappy with the way things are, you guessed it, do something different. So how is this working for me?

When there is something new that I want to try, more specifically, something outside my comfort zone, I visualize myself in the scenario. You may be thinking, that is great, burn that image in, really see yourself there. But my reality looks a little more like this. OMG, how did I get here, I don't know any of this stuff. You expect me to do whhhaat?!

I might have a tendency to be a little dramatic, just sometimes!

So where does this leave me? Hmm.......I know that I am a confident person. I know that I am capable of making good decisions. So what keeps me from making them? I think, actually I know, it comes back to that old deal of not starting with the first step (read my Jan. 25 post). I miss out on all that important information. The information that helps me to know that indeed, I am making good decisions, or that I need to start redirecting my coarse. Or maybe, this is really not what I expected, I don't want to go any further with this!

I am excited about 2010! I wonder how many steps I can take this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment