Monday, January 25, 2010

Getting Started

Why is getting started so hard? I have typed and deleted about 10 times now! For a person who is not typically at a loss for words, I am feeling pretty frustrated! A few things I know for certain about myself is that I have a lot to say and I am full of ideas. This is what sparked the idea of starting this blog. So today I called my brother to ask for ideas on what would be the easiest way for me to get started, and of course, this was one of his suggestions! But he also had a few others, which I really didn't understand. Those options were truly for someone with more experience. Being a person with very little computer experience, I did the obvious. I went with the more complicated option, the one that was way over my head. I was looking at information that was completely foreign to me! Hours later wondering what I got myself into, I ended up right where I should have started.

I frequently know what it is that I want, but I don't know how to take the first step. I typically start on about the 25th step and fail because I missed out on what I needed to learn, landing myself in uncharted territory. If I am being honest here, it's not that I don't know how to take the first step, but that I am too impatient to take the first step. I get very excited and anxious and want it all to happen NOW!

If you can believe it, this year one of my goals is to celebrate the journey of taking these "steps". And here I am today, already skipping a whole flight! But the difference this time is that I actually didn't throw in the towel, I was not defeated. I actually went back to the landing and took the first step!

1 comment:

  1. Julie,

    Congratulations, great article, blogging is really about sharing your insights in the moment. Your journey to start your blog is exactly the message people need.

    Brian

    ReplyDelete