Thursday, February 18, 2010

Get Walkin'

This month I have been writing about the values of justice, fairness, equality and honor. It was a message that I had received several times, and so I figured, let’s go with it! I also thought, oohh, this will be good one, just perfect for me as I am a person who lives for fairness. I always want things to be fair, at work, with my family, and as a citizen. But what I have come to realize through my writing (my unposted copies of course, because I certainly wouldn’t want you to know these truths about me!) is that I am really just doing a bunch of complaining!

Never would I have imagined the impact this statement would have on me. Through this writing experience, which is really just journaling my thoughts, I have come to find that I frequently have a one-sided (my-sided) view. The truth is I have a lot of people listening to what I have to say. They ask for my opinions and insights and they enjoy talking with me. I have many times heard “why don’t you ask Julie when you go to see her”. They are putting their trust in me. So this is the spot where I must ask myself, what is the impression that I’d like to leave? What type of influence will I choose to be? Shall I continue to waste my time (and yours) complaining? Or is it time to start walkin' the walk, rather than telling you how it is that I think others should be walking!

No comments:

Post a Comment