Monday, February 8, 2010

A fair Trial

In the closing of my previous post, I was going to take a few days to observe how justice vs. revenge plays out in my life. Admittedly, I was very uncomfortable with the word revenge. The more I thought about what I wrote, the more I tried to come up with another way of putting it, a way that didn’t sound so harsh(really, I wanted to go back and delete the entire thing!). They were just getting what they deserved. I’ll show them. We’ll see what happens!

I find myself in situations where I feel that I am not getting the attention that I think I deserve or that I once had. And what do I offer in return………the cold shoulder. I am not making the phone calls. I don’t offer invites the way I use to. I don’t need your help. I’ll do it on my own.

It sounds a little like I am seeking what I thought was justice for myself, just taking care of myself. But when I flip it around-it sure sounds like revenge for the other person. My feelings were hurt, I’ll show them. What I consider being self-sufficient and responsible is really just my way of shutting them out.

I consider myself to be a reasonable person (one of the words used in defining justice), so I charge myself, guilty……of injustice. But, also now more aware that justice is not a one-sided deal. I guess it's time for a fair trial!

No comments:

Post a Comment